martes, 6 de mayo de 2008

Just dance!





"Music does to a person's soul what gymnastics do to a person's body". This is one of my favourite quotes ever**... Few things in live have had such an impact in my life. Dancing has always been a passion. From ballet to arabic, and my current attempts to salsa, I just can't deny whatever it is that it does to me: it makes me feel happy, like i need nothing else at the time i'm dancing.


Don'te get me wrong! It's quite anoying to go to a club, and try to breath all that smoke while you're trying to dance, but - still - when i'm into it, it's just hard to stop. And it's also hard to stop caring about it... it's just amazing! How can something be so great that it moves you to tears just for watching it? A little while ago, a video came to me. I say that it came to me, because I wasn't looking for it. It's a couple. A very special couple dancing their feelings like enormous rivers running towards the sea.


I just couldn't help it, and some tears showed up... (If you'd like to see the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK29iPaQDbg&feature=related ). Not about sadness!!! Not for being sorry for them!!! Maybe because i felt little. Whatever it was, I'm thankful for it. Many people (like me, sometimes) invent problems so they can have something to worry about... and it's nice to really wake up to reality.


Dance can do that for you... dance can also be a therapy when life really sucks. Let me tell you: you may need to dance it out! Or maybe you'll get a new way to bond with your boyfriend / husband / partner... how does that sound? =)


Well, for me that's ONE little part of what dancing is... It's a part of my life that I'm very glad of, and that is always pushing me to try new things, and learn from different cultures and lifestyles. Hopefully some day soon i'll start learning spanish dance, or ballroom dancing... who knows?


That's what dancing is for me. Fot others, it may not be dancing... It may be painting, running, taking photographs, or another activity... or maybe all that i have mentioned. But i think it's important to have at least one. What about you, friends? What's your dance in life?


** Plato: "Let us describe the education of our men. What then is the education to be? Perhaps we could hardly find a better method than that which the experience of the past has already discovered, which consists, I believe, in gymnastics for the body and music for the mind". The Plato's Republic.

No hay comentarios:

 
design by suckmylolly.com