martes, 10 de junio de 2008

Obama-mania?


Ok, maybe this is too much to say, but i just read in an argentinian paper this word, and it got me thinking.


In fact, today i saw the video for the campaign of Mr. Obama, and it's quite peculiar... I only recognized Kate Walsh (Dr. Addison Montgomery in Grey's Anatomy), but i asume the rest of the people who appear there,are famous as well.


I've got nothing against famous people and their political views... not at all! I even think we all should be thankful because they actually act like normal people!!!


The video? It's about CHANGE, and HOPE in a country where those words still mean somehting deep and important. Nice.


Looking at today's paper i saw a letter sent to the director of "La Tercera", from a classmate. He talks about elections in the U.S., and he underlines the importance of new people in politics. He end up wishing something like that happens here in Chile: something new that actually motivates young people in order to make a better country. Nice.


The thing is I agree. I agree with Mr. Obama and his intention to stop the war in Iraq, to stop global warming, and to stop hunger in the world... I think i'm an idealist, and maybe that's what's wrong with me. Anyway I do believe that Mr. Obama IS THE BEST ALTERNATIVE that americans, and - of course - the whole world has...


But for this argentinian paper, it's just a whole lot of promises that are very unlikely to be acomplished. They also say that millions that now support him and his plans will only be dissapointed anytime soon.


I really hope not.


A song? "Change the world", by Eric Clapton

No hay comentarios:

 
design by suckmylolly.com